Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Golden Chicken with Noodles

        Let me preface this by saying, I made the mistake of buying the new and improved Williams Sonoma slow cooker cookbook and have yet to use it for one recipe. The recipes, while possibly delicious, are pretty complicated and involve a LOT of prep work and time searing meats and so forth. I got my slow cooker so I could have an easy, hassle-free method of enjoying a home-cooked dinner after work. I certainly didn’t get it so I would have to wake up an hour or more early to get the ingredients prepped and assembled!
       That being said, this is what’s in my slow cooker today. It’s from a Campbell’s Soup cookbook so it’s pretty straightforward and doesn’t require a lot of prep work which is the exact kind of recipe I look for when using my slow cooker.
        I cleaned the chicken breasts last night, then sliced the carrots and combined the carrots with the water, lemon juice, mustard, & garlic powder. This morning, I dumped the carrot mixture into the slow cooker, added the soup, mixed well, added the chicken breasts, stirred it until the chicken was covered, and started the timer. Here’s hoping!

INGREDIENTS:
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
½ C. water
¼ C. lemon juice
1 T. Dijon mustard
1 ½ t. garlic powder
8 large carrots, thickly sliced
8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Hot cooked egg noodles
Chopped fresh parsley (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS:
Combine all ingredients (except noodles & parsley), cover, and cook on low for 7-8 hours (or high for 4-5 hours). Serve with noodles & sprinkle with parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment